Elementary to High School
Individual images may be ordered from each Set by clicking on the "Add to Cart" or "Add to List" (your wish list).
- SR Set: The Late Eighteenth Century: from Marie Antoinette to Napeoleon
- Title: SR Set: The Late Eighteenth Century: from Marie Antoinette to Napeoleon
- Description: In the late Eighteenth century, the Hapsburg influence across Europe was magnified by the marriage of Maria Antonia (sixteenth child of Maria Theresia) to Louis-Auguste, the Dauphin, in 1770. The reign of Marie-Antoinette and Louis XVI came to represent a time of great change, not only all across Europe but also in England and the just-born United States. This Image Set captures some of the cultural and historic changes taking place, when opulence gave way to the rights of man and to a simpler, more classical style.
(updated June 2013)
- Views: 250
- SR Set: The Essential Art History Primer
- Title: SR Set: The Essential Art History Primer
- Description: The Essential Art History Primer provides images of western painting, sculpture, and architecture. Suitable for teaching students ranging from kindergarten through high school and a good beginning to any college introduction Art History program. From Prehistoric through the Twenty-first Century our images offer a range of periods, styles, genres, and techniques. Included are fine details illustrating methods of work such as individual painter’s brushwork; sculpted surfaces of stone and bronze; the texture of mosaic. Also included are examples of script and text from various periods and cultures including Ancient Near Eastern cuneiform, Egyptian hieroglyphics, Ancient Greek and Latin inscriptions, and medieval manuscripts. (created Sept.2011)
- Views: 1070
- SR Set: Look and Learn (for elementary to high school students)
- Title: SR Set: Look and Learn (for elementary to high school students)
- Description: Making History come Alive: images of events and personalities and scenes from daily life. This set is intended primarily for elementary to high school students.
Images are from Look and Learn Book, 1986, English School, (20th century) / Private Collection / © Look and Learn / The Bridgeman Art Library International
- Views: 823